Plans for the fourth Crosspool Festival are progressing well. Make sure you have the dates in your diary: Friday 28 June–Sunday 7 July. The full programme and ticket details will be available in May, but in the meantime the first details from Frances Eccleston and the Festival Committee about some events are below.
- The well-dressing will be launched on Friday 28 and on Saturday 29 June we hope to have an Open Gardens day
- The Selborne Road street market will follow on Sunday 30 June
- There will be morning events at Stephen Hill Church from Monday through to Wednesday
- Award-winning photographer Paul Hobson will be giving an illustrated talk on Wild Derbyshire at St. Columba’s on Thursday 4 July
- The Summer Fayre on Coldwell Lane field will be the usual highlight on Saturday 6 July
- Those with enough energy can follow it with a barn dance and meal at St. Columba’s in the evening – or alternatively relax to the sound of the organ in a recital at Tapton Congregational Church.
- The closing service will be held at 12.30pm on Sunday 7 July
Lots of other events are in the pipeline too, so look out for the programme in May, and we’ll also keep you posted through this website.
Could you help design posters and fliers?
The organising committee is looking for someone to help design posters and fliers for the festival. This would suit someone with computer skills and a bit of artistic flair, and who could spare a few hours in early May.
For more information contact Frances Eccleston on email@example.com or 0114 267 0006.