Latest Crosspool news
- Get involved in the 2017 Stephen Hill Youth pantomime
- Crosspool Hardware business is for sale
- Hearing aid found near Marsh Lane allotments
- Car break-ins around Tapton Hill area
- Volunteers wanted for soup run
- Car boot sale at Crosspool Tavern on Saturday 10 September 2016
- The Plough pub consultation deadline extended to Friday 9 September
- Tapton Hill Chapel holiday club for 5-11 year olds
- Crosspool road safety online petition launched
- Acoustic night at Nest on Sunday 28 August – bands wanted
- The Stephen Hill Youth panto is a bit of a Crosspool institution. Fancy getting involved in the 2017 production? https://t.co/ZJRYLThXMG 8 hours ago
- RT @FcHallamfc: IT'S GAME DAY! RT and follow for your chance to win 2 tickets to tonight's game. #hallamFC #Sheffield https://t.co/w1R5… 12 hours ago
- Marsh Lane allotments display looking good at the horticulture show at Sheffield Fayre at Norfolk Park today https://t.co/9RYJoPI1kz 1 day ago
- Free live music this evening in Crosspool twitter.com/nestcrosspool/… 2 days ago
- A hearing aid was found on Friday just by the allotments on Marsh Lane. If you believe it to be yours, please message us on here. 4 days ago
The next 51 bus:
A hearing aid was found on Friday just by the allotments on Marsh Lane.
If you believe it to be yours, please email email@example.com.
A recent spate of opportunist break-ins to parked vehicles have occurred recently around Tapton Hill Road and the surrounding streets.
Residents are reminded to lock their vehicles and be vigilant at all times. Please report any suspicious activity straight away to either 999 for emergency or 101 for non-emergencies.
Could you lend at hand at a Crosspool-organised soup run that helps Sheffield’s homeless people?
For several years, volunteers from the community and local churches of Crosspool have been helping homeless people by making and distributing sandwiches, hot drinks and soup in designated city centre locations.
They do this every other Monday evening between September and May, arriving at 8pm and finishing before 9pm.
Organisers are looking for some more volunteers who would be willing to come down and help distribute the food and drinks. You can choose whether to help out one every four weeks, or every two weeks – most do a monthly rota.
If you are interested and would like to know more, then please email the organiser for Crosspool, Eddie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
A car boot sale will take place in the Crosspool Tavern car park on Saturday 10 September from 8am.
You can book a pitch for £6 by calling 0114 266 3473, 0114 229 5670 or 07713 687955; or by emailing email@example.com.
Money made by from selling pitches will raise funds for Crosspool Forum. All profits people make from own sales are theirs to keep.
The consultation deadline to comment on proposals for changes to The Plough pub has been extended to Friday 9 September.
The Save the Plough group has been coordinating the campaign to keep the building as a pub and save the sporting heritage of Sandygate. The group has raised several specific concerns over the proposals and is encouraging residents to give their views.
Some residents are also in support of the the idea of a convenience store opening in place of the pub.
If you have views either way then consider making them known to Sainsbury’s, Sheffield Planning Committee by commenting on the website, our local MP and councillors:
- Adam Hanrahan, Liberal Democrats – Sandygate Sainsbury’s survey page
- Anne Murphy, Labour – Crookes and Crosspool branch page
- Craig Gamble Pugh, Labour – Crookes and Crosspool branch page
Last year The Plough was listed as an asset of community value.