In it you’ll find many of the well-loved elements of festivals from previous years plus a few new things including:
- the blessing of the Magna Carta-themed well dressing on Friday evening
- Open Gardens on Saturday 27 June
- the street market on Sunday 28 June
- a picnic with Crosspool alpacas
- Sheffield Folk Chorale for a concert on Thursday 2 July
- a pub quiz
- a talk on a climbing/mountaineering theme
- Crosspool chocolate factory family film show with crafts
- Crosspool history walk
- a photography competition for 11-18s
- an Abba evening
- a scarecrow competition
- the Summer Fayre on the Coldwell Lane field on Saturday 4 July
The festival takes place Friday 26 June to Sunday 5 July.
Tickets for this year’s events are on sale from Crosspool Pet Shop on Sandygate Road.
The prize winning programme cover designs are by Lily Holt, Lydgate Infant School [front] and Polly Hill, Lydgate Junior School [back]. These and other entries can be seen in Cocker & Carr Estate Agents, Sandygate Road. We’d like to thank all the talented artists from both schools who entered.
Full details of each event are in the programme. As well as attending events, there are plenty of ways you can get involved:
- If you would like to help create the well dressing, please contact Pat Lintott on 0114 268 1161.
- If you would like a stall at the street market contact Chris Bachelor on 0114 266 7842.
- If you’d like to help with/book a stall at the Summer Fayre contact Steve Reynolds on 266 3473 or Ian Hague on 0114 230 7265.
- For other enquiries or offers of help contact me, Revd Frances Eccleston on 0114 267 0006.