House fire on Cardoness Road

House fire on Cardoness Road

House fire on Cardoness Road (photo by Christ Holt)

A fire at a house on Cardoness Road was reported around 6.40pm last night and subsequently dealt with by the fire service.

There was one minor casualty, with a woman in her 50s treated for minor smoke inhalation but she did not need to attend hospital.

The fire, which involved a motorbike, started in a garage then spread into the kitchen of an adjoining house. The garage and kitchen suffered extensive damaged, and the rest of the house was heavily smoke logged.

Early indications are that the fire started accidentally, involving electrics in the garage.

The road was cordoned off, with three fire engines and police remaining on the scene until around 8.50pm.

House fire on Cardoness Road

House fire on Cardoness Road (photo by Chris Holt)

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in crosspool, fire service, news and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s