Below is a bullet point summary of Thursday’s meeting you can also download a PDF copy (53K).
Bullet points from Crosspool Forum AGM & Open Meeting, 25 October 2012
Cllrs Geoff Smith & Rob Frost, Police, 20 Crosspool residents & 9 members of the Forum Management Committee attended. No Guest speakers.
2011 Minutes adopted as a true record
Matters arising – none.
(Ian Hague). The Forum is in its 10 year & has made positive progress, still publishing the Clarion & very popular website. Acting as a voice for the local residents & continuing to have excellent relations with the Council, police etc. The usual Christmas trees were erected. & then Jubilee flags 8 bunting for the summer, floral displays, days out to (Stratford upon Avon), (BBC Salford Quays). Computer courses, Children’s Christmas disco, car boot sales. Crosspool Festival Week & Summer Fayre, Helpers and ideas to Ian please!
(Chris Batchelor). Again a health end of year bank balance. (but as usual one bill still to come in – summer planters).
Nominations, resignations and election of committee members
Chris Batchelor (Treasurer) has resigned, & Marika Szabo (Hagg Copse & the Orchard). Anyone interested in joining the Management Committee to contact Ian or any member. A mandate was given to Ian & the committee to choose a new treasurer.
26th July minutes adopted as a true record
1) Cllr Smith gave explanation on previous questions. 2) 51 bus route
PC Louise Atha:
- Burglaries, although not a major problem at the moment residents were urged to keep their doors & lower windows locked at all times.
- Under-age alcohol (&soon, firework) purchase. Of 24 shops tested one was breaking the law by selling to under-age children.
- Operation Dark Nights starting soon- Halloween & Bonfire Night
- The Broomhill SNA have the lowest statistics for anti-social behaviour in the city! S/A drink-drive campaign will start again on 1st Dec.
Councillors questions and answers
- Election for a Police Commissioner (15th Nov). Both Geoff Smith & Rob Frost did not agree with the need for this extra role, but urged people to use their vote. Full information on the candidates may not come through the door (lack of volunteers) but can be found on the BBC websites.
- HGV vehicles in the Hagg Hill/Stephen Hill areas, Lorries are still following their satnavs & trying to use these routes. Better signage was requested.
- A57 roadwork’s progress? the new relationship with Amey is proving difficult for residents to access information about highways issues. Queries through the SWCA please
- Broomhill library? The financial details about the proposed move to Ashdell Rd are still under discussion.
- No.51 buses? First Bus is putting more resources into this route from next week with additional buses. Residents were asked to keep a note of any issues & pass these to the Councillors,
The Precinct Christmas Trees will go up again, & a Children’s Disco has been arranged for Sunday 2nd December. Well attended Computer courses to continue in Jan 2013. Crosspool Festival Week expected to start on 29th June 2013..
Centenary Celebrations are in hand for 2013 to mark the 100th anniversary of Tapton Congregational Church & the first bus route in Sheffield Jan 1913, the No. 51. A suggested 2014 Crosspool Calendar – ideas/help please?!
- Broomhill – new Costa coffee shop opening on the ‘Cream site
- Hagg Copse expected to be put back to its original state in the spring, after the building work
- Road Show at Wesley Hall (31st Oct) – theme active ageing.
The next Open Meeting will be Thurs, 25 October 2012. 7pm, St Columba’s.