Sheffield’s Liberal Democrat leader Shaffaq Mohammed has been beaten to the Crookes ward seat by Labour’s Anne Murphy in the 2014 local elections.
Labour won with 2,103 votes, with the Liberal Democrats second with 1,833. The Green Party was third on 1,141.
The full results for the Crookes ward were:
- John Clapham – UKIP – 840
- Nick Hall – Trade Unionists and Socialists Against Cuts – 86
- John Hesketh – Independent – 549
- Shaffaq Mohammed – Liberal Democrat – 1,833
- Anne Murphy – Labour – 2,103
- Jonathan Peters – Green Party – 1,141
Overall city results means that Labour maintains control of the council.
The European Election results due to be announced on Sunday at 10pm.