Latest Crosspool news
- Memories of Crookes shops show-and-tell day
- Motor World Crosspool closes
- Boundary Commission recommends Crookes ward is renamed Crookes and Crosspool
- Crosspool Juniors open training session for boys
- Soccer school for girls starts 16 April
- Care in Crosspool AGM on 15 April 2015
- Open up your garden and raise money for charity at Crosspool Open Gardens
- Crosspool Festival update: get involved!
- Rubbish causes Crosspool armed response call out
- Tapton Hill Congregational Church Spring Fair, 21 March 2015
- June Shaw on Boundary Commission recommends Crookes ward is renamed Crookes and Crosspool
- chairman on Moor View Farm redevelopment update
- southwestsheffield on Crosspool Festival update: get involved!
- southwestsheffield on Open up your garden and raise money for charity at Crosspool Open Gardens
- Lynne Briggs on Crosspool Festival update: get involved!
The next 51 bus:
- Memories of Crookes shops show-and-tell day on Wednesday 15 April. Share your memories, stories and photos http://t.co/qS2asM0KrD 5 hours ago
- RT @rivelin_valley: another job in progress at the willow tunnel #RivelinValley #Sheffield isSuper #Crosspool http://t.co/CnCUtM3oKu 16 hours ago
- RT @DavidKirkham3: Footprints in the SNOW! #sheffield #crosspool #snow #uksnow #sheffieldsnow #footprints @ Crosspool https://t.co/yM6U3mIG… 4 days ago
- The overnight snow in Crosspool seems to be melting this morning as quickly as it fell http://t.co/nf1TdNZlmS 4 days ago
- RT @KenZulu: @crosspoolnews A shame, but I had wondered how it survived. A reminder to support the little hardware shop more often. He's gr… 5 days ago
- Rotherham miracle quads’ stroller stolen by mindless thieves
- Popular Sheffield festival plans confirmed
- Revamp work on Dronfield swimming pool held up by firm’s collapse
- Barnsley leisure centre seeks new shipmate for customer role
- Chesterfield Carnival to raise thousands for Ashgate Hospice
- Calls for Government to improve PE lessons in South Yorkshire schools
- South Yorkshire WWII Arctic Convoys hero dies aged 91
- Hope Show elects first female president
- BREAKING: Two more arrests in historic Rotherham child abuse investigation
- Over 7,000 new jobs as Barnsley business park approved
The Motor World car parts and accessories retailer has gone into administration, resulting in closure of its Crosspool store.
If a buyer is found for the business some branches of Motor World could reopen, but it is not known if this would include the Crosspool shop.
In 2010-11, a planning application to convert Motor World into a convenience store was rejected.
Crookes local council ward could be renamed Crookes and Crosspool in time for the 2016 elections.
The recommendation from the the Local Government Boundary Commission for England follows a twelve-week public consultation on draft proposals that draw new boundaries for each council ward across Sheffield.
The proposed new electoral arrangements must now be implemented by parliament, with the hope that the changes will come into force for the council elections next year.
Care in Crosspool will be holding their annual general meeting at the Beacon Church at Stephen Hill church on Wednesday 15 April 2015 at 2.30 pm.
Guest speaker at the meeting will be a member of the Edale Mountain Rescue Service. There will be a retiring collection for the work of this valuable voluntary service and reshments will be available after the meeting.
All are welcome.
Open Gardens is on the look out again for people in Crosspool who would like to be community spirited and open their garden to raise some money for their chosen charity.
Anyone can have a go! This event is to encourage people to get outside, walk round the neighbourhood, meet new people and enjoy their gardens.
No previous experience required, no perfect gardens needed, just a warm welcome, a patch of interest in the garden be it plants, vegetables, chickens, bees or an activity you’d like to share with others.
Oh and maybe a cuppa with a nice piece of cake!
Interested in getting involved? Get in touch with Lindsey before 1 April on 0114 230 1041 or email@example.com.